9 Road Trip Games Adults Do Not Want Their Kids To Find Out About
Despite the overwhelming hype building up to a road trip, the drive itself is usually woefully uneventful, painfully boring, and incredibly tiresome. To make matters worse, you are probably the one who has to drive!
To make things less awful, someone will usually recommend playing the alphabet game, punch buggy, or some other pathetic and tired game. Sure these game may have been fun when you were in middle school, but you’re an adult now, and adults want to play road trip games for adults!
If you are sick and tired of playing the cliche road trip games, then this list of road trip games for adults is for you.
Road Trip Games For Adults
- Strip Padiddle – See a car with a busted headlight or taillight? That’s called a padiddle. When a padiddle is spotted, everyone in the car must stop what they are doing and touch the roof of the car as fast as they can. The last person to tap the ceiling has to remove a piece of clothing. And just to clarify, each sock and shoe counts as a separate article of clothing. I hope you aren’t wearing flip flops! The last person wearing clothes is the winner. Or are they the loser? You decide.
- Frozen Nipples – This adult road trip game is suitable for those of you who like to carpool to the ski resorts. To start, everyone in the car must strip to their underwear. Then, the passengers in the front seat must crank up the air conditioning, open the sun roof, and roll down all of the windows – with child locks turned on. Whoever can withstand the cold the longest is the winner. To give the game some incentive, the first person to cave has to buy the first round of beer, the second person has to buy the second round, and so on.
- Would You Rather – Would you rather hump a cactus, or poop a cannon ball? Would You Rather is such an archaic road trip game, but it just works so well. For this road trip game for adults, you can either take turns asking one another questions, or just read them out loud from the Would You Rather travel game. Your choice. Here is a list of expansion packs from the Would You Rather company. This game can be censored down to place with your children too! Would You Rather is one of those must play road trip games for adults.
- Disturbed Friends (This Game Should Be Banned) – Disturbed Friends is a party game that is designed to help you find out how incredibly messed up in the head your friends truly are. In this game you’ll be placed in sexual scenarios, offensive debates, and just flat out bad situations that may just cause you jump out of a moving vehicle. According to the game’s description on Amazon, it’s “so easy, a handicapped goat could play it”. This game isn’t a road trip game per say, but it can easily be played while in the car. To buy the travel edition, click here.
- Dirty Minds – The dirtier your mind, the worse you’ll be at this road trip game for adults. In Dirty Minds all of the answers are 100% clean, but the clues leading up to the answer are totally filthy. You’ll be surprised at just how far off you were from the correct answer. This game is definitely not suited for people under the age of eighteen. To buy the travel edition, click here.
- Cards Against Humanity – Just like with the party game Disturbed Friends, this game is not intended to be a road trip game for adults. However, since there is no actual board (just a few cards to hold in your hands), Cards Against Humanity is the perfect combination of raunchy, awkward, and despicable needed to make our list of the best road trip games for adults. The game is very simple, each round one players asks a question listed from a black card, and everyone else must answer using their funniest white card. Cards Against Humanity is the terrible cousin to the popular kid’s game, Apples to Apples. You can find this game on Amazon by clicking here. If you already own this game, then I suggest you check out these expansion packs. You won’t regret it.
- Cards Against Humanity – Expansion Pack #1
- Cards Against Humanity – Expansion Pack #2
- Cards Against Humanity – Expansion Pack #3
- Cards Against Humanity – Expansion Pack #4
- Cards Against Humanity – Expansion Pack #5
- Cards Against Humanity – Expansion Pack #6
- Cards Against Humanity – Jew Expansion Pack
- Card Against Humanity – 90’s Nostalgia Pack
- Card Against Humanity – Your Shitty Jokes
- Beat The GPS – Totally illegal, but fun nonetheless. Pro Tip: Keep a mental note on the estimated time of arrival at the start of your trip. I say this because some GPS devices or apps will update your estimated time of arrival in real-time, so in order to see how much time you really saved, use this time given to you when you first got in the car! Beat The GPS is certainly one of those road trip games for adults.
- Toasted Buns – This game is pretty childish, but me and my girlfriend still screw with each other by playing this from time to time. When the other passenger is not paying attention, crank their heated seat all the way up to full blast. It’s a pretty docile game, but it can be hilarious when the other person finally realizes that they got played. You can even keep score.
- The Bug Splatter Game – Everyone pick a side of the windshield. At the end of the trip, whichever side has the most (or largest) bug splatter, the players who chose that side are the winners. Losers buy the winners lunch.
Hey everyone, I hope you enjoyed reading this list! As always, if you have any road trip games for adults that you’d like to share, feel free to drop us a line on Facebook or Instagram. Thanks! — Chaxton.com Staff